Leaf rubbings can be a great way to nurture your toddler’s interest in nature while helping them practice their fine motor skills.
What you Need for this Toddler Activity…
* A selection of different leaves
* Typing paper
How you Do It…
- Take a walk with your toddler and help them find interesting leaves.
- Place a leaf face down on a table and cover with a piece of paper.
- Peel the wrapper off of a crayon and rub the side of the crayon over the entire leaf.
- Viola! You have a leaf rubbing!
Taking it Further…
* Place a number of leaves under a single piece of paper and make an instant collage.
* Staple leaf rubbings together to make a book.