Make dinner and introduce your toddler to cooking with this fun activity.
What you Need for this Toddler Activity…
* Corn on the cob (still in the husk)
* A pan
* A basting brush
* Melted butter
How you Do It…
- Start off by visiting this excellent website: How to Boil Corn on the Cob This site has wonderful pictures for each step of the process.
- Show your toddler the corn (still in the husk) and then show the picture of the corn on the website.
- Have your assist you with husking the corn and, again, show them the picture on the website.
- They can help you fill the pot with water, but then have them watch from a safe distance as you bring the water to a boil, pop in the corn, and then pull out the corn with tongs.
- As the corn cools, prepare a bowl of melted butter, a basting brush, and a plate to put the buttered corn.
- When the corn is cool enough for a toddler to handle, put them to work “painting” on the butter.
* Please use your best judgment with this activity. Don’t let your toddler touch the stove or the hot corn or the boiling water. “Painting” on the butter can get a little messy, so you might want to use an apron on your toddler and use any other measures you wish to contain the mess.