I look forward to the adventures that my spirited son will set out on. But, I want to make sure that he has the right messages in his head when he has to make a decision or encounters a problem.
Below are some of the messages that I hope he remembers. Some of them I got from my Mom and Dad’s parent tapes. Some of them I picked up from other people in my life who inspired me.
- Be good to people.
- Take responsibility.
- Ask questions.
- Being positive makes the world a better place.
- Learn everything anyone will teach you.
- Fail fast. Fail forward.
- Nothing is free, but working for it can be rewarding.
- There is real and there is pretend. Either one is fine as long as you know which one it is.
- You can’t hit a home run if you don’t swing.
- Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
- Home really is where you hang your hat.
- Sometimes you just have to click on it to see what happens. (From my cousin. :-))
What would you say?
What should I add? What messages do you want your kids to remember?